Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Due Date? What due date?

Today is a big day for us... today is Brady's due date. I can't believe that we've had him with us for nearly three weeks already and that he still could be waiting patiently inside of me. I also can't imagine the mixture of emotions that I would be feeling today since Jim and I were never really given the opportunity to sit around and wait for the big moment. Instead, we were thrown into this incredibly overwhelming and wonderful world of parenting.

It has been another incredible week with Brady. Jim's Mom left on Wednesday and we have been on our own ever since. We're doing really well and Brady has been pretty good at sleeping at night. He's begun to get more alert during the day and I love to watch him observing the new world around him. With this added alertness brings some more fussiness during the day and Jim and I are working on finding the most effective way to calm him down. Bouncing seems to work the best right now.

Here are some pictures from the week...



Jim playing with Brady in the Boppy


Brady saying hello to his Mom


Bath time, again


Post bath in what was supposed to be his first outfit. Still too big.


Cuddle time with Mom. My favorite time of day.

3 comments:

  1. Suzi, he is so precious! Oh, how you make me want my number 2 now! Those snuggle days are the best. Everyone kept telling me to put Gina down or she'll want to be held the whole time. I didn't care, I wanted to hold her when she was awake and asleep! I am so happy you are both having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that "saying hello to mom" picture, and I love all the pictures and I just think Brady is the cutest thing on earth!!

    Happy "due date" day! I'm happy that everything worked out okay and that you got to have Brady early, so that you have had three extra weeks with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so sweet. I love his face when he is saying hello to you!
    Can't wait to meet him

    ReplyDelete