Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

2-Week Checkup

Yesterday Brady has his 2-week checkup at the pediatrician and I was anxious to see how much weight the little guy had gained. It's hard when you're breastfeeding and you can't tell exactly how much he's getting. At his appointment last week he was 5lbs 9oz - just a few ounces shy of his birth weight of 5lbs 11oz. I was hoping that he would be closer to 6lbs this visit because the little guy has quite an appetite and I feel like I'm constantly feeding him. So, you can imagine my excitement when the nurse informed us that he now weighs 6lbs 7oz!! 14 ounces in one week! Way to go Brady! He has also grown a bit longer as well and is now 20 inches.

So it appears the breastfeeding is working. I guess I'll keep it up a little while longer. Now, here are some more pictures...



3 comments:

  1. Way to go Dairy Queen!

    Brady is the cutest. I just want to kiss his face!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Brady, I think boys instictively are better at breastfeeding. I had such a hard time with Gina. The weight gain is definately a good sign. Thanks for the frequent updated pics, I love to see the little guy. If you are interested in seeing our Gina, you can see us at thegruwellfamily.shutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls

    Katheryn, Gina is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your pictures, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete