Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

House Swap

I love living in the city. I love being able to walk out the door of our apartment and having our grocery store around the block, the coffee shop on the corner, etc. But, I have to admit there are times that I long to have a house in the suburbs with a yard, extra space and a much coveted guest bedroom. I hate that when friends or family want to visit we have nothing more to offer other than an air mattress set up in the very unprivate family room. I know that sometime we'll make the leap but for now I'll settle on finding a loophole.

Last weekend Jim's mother, brother, his fiance, sister, her boyfriend and a close family friend all traveled down for a visit and I figured out a way to make it work... we swapped houses with my parents. We Shipes took over my parents' three bedroom house 30 miles south of DC while my parents spent a weekend up in the city hitting up fabulous restaurants and visiting museums. It was perfect! We played a lot of Wii and Brady got some good quality time with his Amah and Aunts and Uncles.

Brady and Amah

Playing with Amah

Family shot (minus Adrienne & Jennifer who had to leave early)

3 comments:

  1. I love the face he is making on Mrs. Shipe's lap. How cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say the same thing as Ashlynne! That is a great picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a city mom too, and love every minute of it until I'm camped out on the dining room floor because I have 10 relatives in town for some sort of holiday or birthday!

    A friend of mine saves money all year to put her family up in a airport hotel at Christmas. It's like $75 a night and she considers that and the amazing dinner she cooks the gift for the whole family. Genius!

    ReplyDelete