Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Playground - Part 1

Last winter, shortly after I found out I was pregnant with Brady, the bus I took to work would drive by this little park a few blocks from our apartment and I would get so excited for the day when I would be able to take Brady there. It wasn't a particularly nice park but since we live in the city I figured I had to take what I could get, at least I had a park. Then one day last spring the bus went by the park and I saw bulldozers tearing down "my" park. I was so sad, my dreams of daily trips to the park with Brady was being destroyed day-by-day right in front of my eyes. It was cruel.

Little did I know at the time, I should have be rejoicing because it wasn't another new condo building going up in its place, it was a new and improved park oasis! It reopened back in November but it has been too cold and Brady has been too small to go.

Then last Sunday we had some unseasonably warm weather in DC and it was heavenly. We walked all around the city, sat in Dupont Circle a little bit and we finally went to the playground. I absolutely loved it but Brady loved it even more. I fear we may have a little daredevil on our hands because he loved reaching the peak of the swing and would erupt in a bunch of giggles.


Brady loving the swing


Oh hello, Mommy


Trying out the slide with Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Suzi, your little boy is so handsome. Everytime I see a new picture of him, he is cuter and cuter. I love these playground pics. I hope to meet him one day. I know I keep saying to Christina that she is not that far away, but DC is not that far away either...one of these days.

    ReplyDelete